About Professional Technical Jobs
By being hired into one of our Professional\Technical jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Individuals in Professional\Technical careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Professional\Technical job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. An opportunity at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
Anesthesia Technician Certified - NC
• Provides support and performs duties under the direct supervision of a licensed anesthesia provider for routine and complex surgical cases which contributes to safe efficient and cost-effective anesthesia care across the age continuum.
Essential Job Functions
1. Functions as a resource to anesthesiologists, anesthesia technicians, surgeons, nurses, hospital engineers, etc., concerning all aspects of anesthesia technical services.
2. Assists the licensed anesthesia provider in clinical settings.
3. Provides Intraoperative Autotransfusion Services as requested for elective and emergency procedures.
4. Maintains and organizes the anesthesia environment, equipment, supplies and personnel to facilitate department functions.
5. Provides anesthesia technical support to the anesthesia professional staff for delivery of patient care.
6. Assists the anesthesiologist and members of the surgical team with management of emergent and life-threatening situations (i.e., airway management, fluid management, medication management, invasive monitoring).
7. Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
8. Responsible for the "Accountabilities" associated with this position in support of the organization.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
• License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• High School graduate or equivalent
• Completion of The American Society of Anesthesia Technician certification (Cert. AT) on hire or obtained within 3 months of hire.
• Graduate of an ASATT approved program and completion of required clinical component or two years of experience as a full time Anesthesia Technician.
• Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
• Certifications in auto-transfusion operation on hire or obtained within six months of hire.
• Certifications in Intravenous placement on hire or obtained within six months of hire.
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certifications on hire or obtained within six months of hire.
DESIRED for the position:
• 2 year experience in the anesthesia technical/biomedical field
• Experience in an inpatient hospital setting