About Internal only Jobs
Internal Only positions are only available for EvergreenHealth’s current employees. If you are not a current employee, please search one of our other categories that have positions available to both internal and external candidates. Thank you.
Assistant Clinical Nurse Manager Internal only
EvergreenHealth is seeking an assistant clinical Nurse Manager for the Cardiovascular & Neurosurgical Care Unit and the Progressive Care Unit.
Under general direction by the Nursing Executive Director, the Assistant Nurse Manager (ANM) utilizes the nursing process to prescribe, prioritize, delegate, and provide safe, therapeutic allocation of nursing resources to patients/families. The ANM makes independent judgments, decisions, and take action regarding a wide range of routine and complex staffing and unit workflow issues. The ANM collaborates with appropriate disciplines to coordinate continuity of patient care from admission through discharge in support of the medical and nursing plans of care
1. Performs specific leadership functions related to clinical practice, education, and/or management as delegated by and in collaboration with the Nursing Executive Director and unit managers. The ANM provides leadership for unit and departmental activities that promote:
a. Delivery of quality nursing care
b. A culture of service excellence and acts as role model for patients are first behaviors
c. Effective problem solving and communication
d. Fiscal responsibility and accountability for unit performance
2. Provides support to the unit management team for the assurance of a strong workflow processes and infrastructures that promote efficient and effective quality patient care. Support is provided to all staff any day and any shift as determined by need/demand. Emphasizing patient safety, staff safety, organizational integration, and service excellence the ANM provides leadership and resources that promote the following:
a. Assists in delivering effective staffing schedules that take into account staff experience, skill mix, preference, and core matrix.
b. Efficient and effective timesheet/payroll management processes and practices
c. Timely clinical problem solving and communication of clinical issues at all levels (peer, staff, management, and physician).
d. Effective interdisciplinary and interdepartmental communication, collaboration and service coordination
e. Effective integration of new technology and organizational initiatives
f. Effective management of staff practice and professional behaviors using effective interpersonal skills and Just Culture™ methodology
3. Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
•Bachelor of Science in Nursing
•Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
• 4 years of experience in an inpatient care setting
• 2 years of experience in leadership role in an inpatient care setting
• Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider ( ACLS) within 3 months of date of hire
• Knowledge of Federal, State, and JC regulations and requirements
DESIRED for the position:
• Progressive Care (PCCN) or other nursing certification
•Demonstrated understanding of financial management and a commitment to the provision of cost-effective health care.