About Executive Management Supervisory Jobs
By being hired into one of our Leadership jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Professionals in this category come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Leadership job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. An opportunity at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
Assistant Clinical Nurse Manager Perioperative Services
EvergreenHealth is seeking an Assistant Clinical Nurse Manager to join the Surgical Services team.
Under general direction by the Nursing Director, the Assistant Nurse Manager (ANM) utilizes the nursing process to prescribe, prioritize, delegate, and provide safe, therapeutic allocation of nursing resources to patients/families. Makes independent judgments, decisions, and take action regarding a wide range of routine and complex staffing and unit workflow issues. Collaborates with appropriate disciplines to coordinate continuity of patient care from admission through discharge in support of the medical and nursing plans of care.
1.We are the stewards of our culture. How we embrace and live our values and these principles cultivates our culture. We are accountable for exceptional outcomes and for constant improvement.
2. We are committed to continuous, incremental improvement to eliminate waste, inefficiency, ineffective communication, and variations in our processes.
3. We are "teachers and coaches" supporting the professional growth of our staff, to help our teams achieve their highest potential. We are committed to learning and growing as leaders in the application of these principles.
4. We are consistently responsive to those we serve. We listen and communicate effectively, always seeking first to understand and then to be understood. We are inclusive and transparent in our decision making and communications.
5. We role model healthy and rewarding personal lives that are balanced with the demands or our work. We find opportunities every day to genuinely recognize and celebrate the excellent work of our staff, physicians and volunteers.
1. Performs specific leadership functions related to clinical practice, education, and/or management as delegated by and in collaboration with the Nursing Director. Provides leadership for unit and departmental activities that promote the following:
• Delivery of quality nursing care
• A culture of service excellence and acts as role model for patients are first behaviors
• Effective problem solving and communication
• Fiscal responsibility and accountability for unit performance
2. Provides support to the unit management team to ensure strong workflow processes and infrastructures that promote efficient and effective quality patient care. Support is provided to all staff any day and any shift as determined by need/demand. Emphasizing patient safety, staff safety, organizational integration, and service excellence the ANM provides leadership and resources that promote the following:
• Assists in delivering effective staffing schedules that take into account staff experience, skill mix, preference, and core matrix
• Efficient and effective timesheet/payroll management processes and practices
• Timely clinical problem solving and communication of clinical issues at all levels (peer, staff, management, and physician)
• Effective interdisciplinary and interdepartmental communication, collaboration and service coordination
• Effective integration of new technology and organizational initiatives
• Effective management of staff practice and professional behaviors using effective interpersonal skills and Just Culture™ methodology
3. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Must utilize one or more Cerner applications to deliver and track patient care.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clinical/education knowledge to staff, patients, and families.
• Able to demonstrate or acquire skills to complete nursing skills/competency assessment checklist.
• Must have oral and written language skills, visual and aural skills in order to communicate and ensure and deliver safe patient care, and to provide a legal record of this care.
• Accountability for professional nursing practice, commitment to patient care, and commitment to uphold Patient's Rights, Federal, State of Washington Department of Health, and JC regulations and requirements.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing
• Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
• 3 years of experience in an inpatient care setting
• 2 years of experience in PACU nursing
• 1 years of experience in a management or leadership role in an inpatient care setting
• Current Healthcare Provider BLS and ACLS certification by date of hire
• Knowledge of Federal, State, AORN, AAMI, ASA and JC regulations and requirements
• Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care
• Demonstrated understanding of financial management and a commitment to the provision of cost-effective health care.
DESIRED for the position:
• Master’s degree in Nursing
• CPAN, CAPA
• PALS or ENPC within 6 months of hire
• Proficiency with IV skills and techniques