About Administrative Services Jobs
By being hired into one of our Administrative Services jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Professionals in Administrative Services careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Administrative Services job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. An opportunity at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
Call and Referral Patient Coordinator
Responsible for supporting EvergreenHealth Primary Care practices by providing best practice scheduling for patients and providers, as well as triaging and attending to varying patient needs. Service provided by this position is vital to the organization as it is often the first contact with patients and providers.
1. Provides scheduling of patient appointments as part of a centralized contact center supporting multiple clinic locations with multiple provider schedules. Examples of appointment types include new patient, urgent same day and next day, return visit, flu and vaccination, civil exams, labor and industry (L&I), motor vehicle accident (MVA), and clinic procedures.
2. Manages incoming and interoffice telephone calls/inquiries, takes complete and accurate messages, and coordinates communication between appropriate interdisciplinary staff including but not limited to: MA’s, RN’s, ARNP’s and MD’s.
3. Daily management of Web Message appointment requests via outbound consumer calls for appointment scheduling.
4. Utilizes predefined message templates and routes to appropriate party for patient coordination/assistance as needed.
5. Directs patients to other departments and/or resources as needed; transcribes and forwards patient messages as appropriate.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED for the position:
High school graduate or equivalent
Two years of experience in a hospital, medical office or healthcare insurance setting
Ability to type 35 W PM with high degree of accuracy
Knowledge of clinical/medical office procedures
Ability to be flexible and relate well with others in a professional and pleasant manner
Knowledge of medical records confidentiality
Critical thinking, solid judgment and ability to act quickly following standard process for callers in crisis.
Excellent communication skills with a high degree of tact and poise to deal effectively with patients, physicians and hospital staff members
DESIRED for the position:
Working knowledge of insurances, Medicare, DSHS, Labor and Industries, and other third party insurances
Previous insurance verifier, pre-authorization and/or medical receptionist experience
Knowledge of medical terminology