About Nursing Jobs
By being hired into one of our Nursing jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Professionals in Nursing careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Nursing job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. A Nursing career at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
Care Management RN (Per Diem, Day)
The Care Management RN specializes in assessing hospital admissions for status per defined criteria and reviews for appropriate utilization of resources. Ensures continuity and coordination of care for patients before, during and after hospitalization, and ensures that payer conditions are met.
1. In conjunction with the interdisciplinary team supervises progress and recommends appropriate clinical interventions to nursing staff and attending physicians, ensuring CMS guidelines are met.
2. In conjunction with the interdisciplinary team ensures that patients and families have access to resources for post-hospital care needs.
3. Monitors patients' medical progress, identifies and addresses patient needs/gaps in service as they move through the system, and obtains authorization for discharge planning. Takes action to correct variances in length of stay and address them in care progression rounds and follows up with physicians and payors as needed.
4. Provides utilization reviews, meeting all time requirements and addresses the discharge appeal process in collaboration with the Dir/Mgr and/or Social Worker.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
• Bachelors of Science degree in Nursing or actively pursuing a BSN degree in Nursing.
• Three (3) years of experience as an RN with a combination of acute care and/or case management experience
• Current State of Washington Registered Nurse (RN) license
• Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
• Knowledge of the healthcare financial environment, reimbursement and levels of care.
• Knowledge of community resources and how to access them effectively and efficiently.
• Maturity and interpersonal skills necessary to lead and coordinate an interdisciplinary team and deal effectively with patients and families from a variety of backgrounds and with varied emotional and medical needs.
• Age-appropriate developmental assessment skills.
• Oral and written language skills; visual and aural skills in order to communicate, ensure and deliver safe patient care and to provide a legal record of this care.
• Accountability for professional nursing practice, commitment to patient care and commitment to uphold the Patient Bill of Rights.
• Master's degree in Nursing or other experience and /or educational preparation that would provide the foundation for Nursing Case Management
• Utilization Review experience
• Discharge Planning experience
*Recruiting for multiple positions under this same req.