About Provider Jobs
By being hired into one of our Provider jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Providers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Provider job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. An opportunity at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
Certified Nurse Midwife
At EvergreenHealth, we value and encourage the individuality, involvement and expertise of our team members. Our high-tech, high-touch philosophy allows us to serve our patients to the highest level while appreciating each individual employee as a vital element in our highly skilled, compassionate patient care team. Our employees are dedicated to service excellence and family-centered care: with this commitment we partner providers with patients and families to deliver exceptional care to our community.
The Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM), within the scope of licensure, provides Nurse Midwifery care to ante partum, intrapartum and post partum to woman and newborn patients. In addition, they will provide well women and primary care women of all ages through assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of acute and chronic illness. Health care interventions include, but are not limited to: physical treatments, prescription of medications, ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests/procedures, performing specialized treatments, and health promotion and disease prevention counseling. Provides guidance and leadership to students; formal education programs to patients, professional colleagues and members of the community. Manages programmatic aspects of EvergreenHealth Midwife Care by working collaboratively with physicians, other health care providers, and Midwifery Care staff to effectively meet the needs of patients.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provides leadership and direction to clinic staff for the purpose of maintaining high standards, safety, and quality health care. Participates in and support of accreditation activities, compliance measures and other regulatory activates.
2. Develops, maintains, and improves operational procedures, processes, and standards for population of patients.
3. Performs patient physical examinations to include eliciting and documenting a complete patient health history. Documents physical exams, assessments, interventions and outcomes for the gynecological patients, obstetrics patients, and immediate newborn care.
4. Initiates and interprets diagnostic tests and procedures relevant to the patient’s current status.
5. Responsible for representing the interests of EvergreenHealth Midwifery Care to the community at large by active involvement in community events, local CNM meetings and programs, and EvergreenHealth programs and activities including Grand Rounds.
6. Provides clinical leadership, training, and feedback as a preceptor to staff, students, and various levels of health care professionals.
7. Develops, implements, and evaluates formal and informal teaching programs relevant to the Midwife’s clinical specialty for staff, students, and the community.
8. Responsible for representing the interests of EvergreenHealth Midwifery Care to the community at large by active involvement in community events, local CNM meetings and programs, and EvergreenHealth programs and activities including Grand Rounds.
9. Develops and maintains relationships with clinic staff, clinic managers, center medical director, interdisciplinary patient care teams and other staff to ensure positive department and employee relationships.
10. Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
11. Responsible for the “Accountabilities” associated with this position in support of the organization.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Electronic Fetal Monitor
• Infertility (initial evaluation)
• Current knowledge of gynecological health issues and trends
• Surgical instrumentation for first assist
• Competence in an academic health care setting, teaching and research, quality outcomes management and improvement, community education and outreach.
• Work is highly diverse, moderate to high in intensity in its complexity, guided by numerous policies and procedures which require very direct and concise communication in a complex environment.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
• Licensed as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) with prescriptive authority in the State of Washington
• National certification with ACNM
• Current Healthcare Provider BLS and NRP certification by date of hire
• 3 years of experience and demonstrated competency in Midwifery
DESIRED for the position:
• Colposcopy certification
• HRT competency
• Circumcision competency
• Secondary language