About Professional Technical Jobs
By being hired into one of our Professional\Technical jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Individuals in Professional\Technical careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Professional\Technical job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. An opportunity at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
Clinical Lab Assistant II - Phleb - Per Diem SEIU
Performs venipuncture and capillary specimen collection on patients demonstrating age-specific competencies. Depending on work location, performs in-house phlebotomy, in house processing, phlebotomy in a physician office setting, or resignation and phlebotomy in a patient service center. Demonstrates effective communication among laboratory colleagues, clients, physicians, medical office staff and patients. Provides timely and accurate information upon request. Acts as an ambassador of the laboratory; demonstrates excellent customer service and uses AIDET to alleviate patient anxiety.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• High School graduate or equivalent or applicable coursework to be applied to obtain required WA State Medical Assistant – Phlebotomy (MA-P) - Certification.
• Certification from an approved laboratory-training program with successful completion of a required internship preferred, or relevant work experience
• Able to qualify for a state of Washington Medical Assistant - Phlebotomy (MA-P) upon hire
• Have and maintain current Healthcare Provider CPR certification
• Medical terminology
DESIRED for the position:
• 3 years of experience working in a clinical laboratory customer service or specimen processing role
• Previous training and competence in dealing with the unique needs in the range of customer service situations with clinicians and their office staff
• Working knowledge of the various government regulations specifically Medicare and the Washington state medical Test Site regulations. Working knowledge of the College of American Pathologists (ASCP) and the Joint Commission (TJC) inspection criteria
• Medical Assistant – Phlebotomist (MP-A) state certification; Additional registry with ASCP a plus i.e. PBT(ASCP)
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Healthcare 1199NW.Need updated Job Description.