About Administrative Services Jobs
By being hired into one of our Administrative Services jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Professionals in Administrative Services careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Administrative Services job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. An opportunity at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
Clinical Support Specialist
Responsibilities may include providing support to the Clinical Teams, Intake and Referral the Business Office, and Health Information Management for the Evergreen MSK (Musculoskeletal) program which includes Sport and Spine, Interventional Spine, and Orthopedics and Sports Care services. Position may be assigned to any of the above areas based on program needs.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Schedules patient/client visits for all clinical disciplines.
2. Pre-registers patients/clients for visits, gathers and organizes demographic and referral information and completes all insurance verifications.
3. Completes electronic/manual billing, cash posting, account reconciliation and collections for Medicare, Medicaid, Third Party Insurers and Self Pay.
4. Creates and maintains the electronic and paper medical record to ensure compliance with departmental policies and industry regulations.
5. Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
6. Responsible for the "Accountabilities" associated with this position in support of the organization.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
• May utilize the Pro Data, Microsoft Office and Cerner application systems.
• Ability to maintain frequent two-way communication with agencies, physicians and interdisciplinary team members to address complex patient/client care issues, often when all parties are under pressure.
• Problem-solving and decision-making skills. Ability to exercise independent judgment as well as collaborative, professional judgment.
• Ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail.
• Flexibility to travel in support of the team as needed.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• High School graduate or equivalent
• Proficient in Medical Terminology
• Knowledge of quality improvement initiatives.
DESIRED for the position:
• 1 year of medical field experience
• Experience with medical record charting systems
• Knowledge of and familiarity with Orthopedic, Sports Medicine and Spinal conditions and treatments