About Professional Technical Jobs
By being hired into one of our Professional\Technical jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Individuals in Professional\Technical careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Professional\Technical job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. An opportunity at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
Construction Project Manager
EvergreenHealth (EH) will advance the health of the community it serves through our dedication to high quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective healthcare.
Primary responsibility to direct construction project management process to successful delivery of assigned projects from project inception to completion. Work in close coordination with other Construction Management (CM) staff and EH support departments as well as other affected hospital departments and personnel which may include new construction, alterations, additions, special equipment installations or major maintenance of EH owned or leased facilities.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Collaborates with Coordinator of Facilities Design with the program development and project needs analysis and budgetary cost estimating (ROM) process.
2. Oversees, in coordination with Coordinator of Facilities Design, the design and construction documents process to ensure each project meets the overall program goals and user expectations.
3. Coordinates design and specialty consultant contract development, fee proposals, negotiations and management.
4. Acts as EH’s project representative on project site, to end users, building inspectors and consultants. Attend project necessary meetings, conferences and inspections and assure pertinent information thereof is appropriately recorded and filed.
5. Ensures that the contractual obligations of all consultants, contractors and vendors are being upheld and that all payments to construction team members are being made in accordance with the contract and EH payment policies.
6. Manages the ICRA and ILSM reviews of projects and documentation thereof and implementation during construction.
7. Coordinates project review by affected EH support departments ; Environmental Services, Plant Operations, Information Technology, Security, Grounds, etc.
8. Assists the Architect, in coordination with CM Admin Coordinator, with standard general conditions and contract language for the advertising (or Request for Proposal) and bidding phases of projects.
9. Able to assemble and manage CM RFP process for small, simple or specialized scopes of work where it is the most effective and efficient manner for project delivery.
10. Act as in-house general contractor on small or specialized projects where coordinating quotes and the work of multiple sub-contractors or vendors is a more efficient method of project delivery.
11. Informs and instructs end users and other affected EH departments or tenants of the plan and impact of work and its schedule. Anticipate and provide effective mitigation when possible of impacts that would affect EH services, the patient/family experience, ICRA or life safety.
12. Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
13. Responsible for the “Accountabilities” associated with this position in support of the organization.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Work with minimal supervision and possess strong ability in decision making in fast paced work environment.
• Exercises a thorough working knowledge of construction documentation as well as contractual language and obligations.
• Comfortable working on construction site in environmentally compromised conditions and at heights or in cramped quarters.
• Able to communicate clearly and effectively in face to face meetings and in all media with the wide range of interests and personalities involved in EH construction projects, including, but not limited to, medical personnel; administrators; EH support departments/staff; JC; DOH; permitting agencies and personnel; contractors and tradespersons; vendors, suppliers; patients, families and the general public.
• Understands and applies Infection Control and Interim Life Safety measures as applicable to all projects in hospital and other EH facilities.
• Knowledgeable about State of Washington public agency bid and prevailing wage laws and processes.
• Must possess skills and knowledge to effectively use MS Project and Adobe Acrobat.
• Travel locally to District sites or clinics that are under planning, construction or renovation.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• Engineering, Architectural or Construction Management degree or equivalent combination of education and/or construction management experience
• 10 years of work experience in a construction or design profession
• 3 years of construction experience in an acute care hospital setting
• Demonstrates organizational skill and competent management skill to oversee multiple projects simultaneously
• Proven ability to work in active construction environments in any location and any weather
• Willingness to work off hours and weekends where project tasks requires such to lessen impact to EH operations
DESIRED for the position:
• AutoCAD and construction management software knowledge
• Recent involvement in and understanding of GCCM delivery method for construction services