About Service Trade Jobs
By being hired into one of our Support jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Professionals in Support careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Support job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. An opportunity at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
Cook's Helper / Cashier / Catering
The Cook's Helper provides support services for cafeteria, production, and or patient care areas.
Positions include but are not limited to grill, cashier, deli, salad bar, nutrition services aid, pantry aide, and catering.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
1. Preparation and serving of sufficient hot and cold food for patients, cafeteria and catering and/or mini deli areas.
2. Replenishing food and supplies in cafeteria, catering and/or patient food service areas.
3. Setting up catered functions and delivering coffee.
4. Cashing and keeping cash records.
5. Setting up, opening, and closing of cafeteria and/or mini deli.
6. Delivering and picking up tray carts on nursing units.
7. Delivering patient menus.
REQUIRED for the position:
High school graduate or equivalent combination of education and experience
A valid Washington State "Food and Beverage Workers" Permit
Knowledge of safety, sanitation and food-handling standards and practices.
1 year of recent food service and cashiering work experience OR any combination of experience and education that would demonstrate the capability to perform the duties
Must be able to effectively communicate with customers, fellow employees and other departments.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Ability to multi task in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
Capable of efficient time management.
Ability to provide excellent customer service.
Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division) for cash handling purposes.
Basic understanding of POS functionality.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Healthcare 1199NW. Union membership is optional.