About Professional Technical Jobs
By being hired into one of our Professional\Technical jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Individuals in Professional\Technical careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Professional\Technical job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. An opportunity at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
Coordinator - Arrhythmia Device
Coordinates, delegates, and provides direct patient care for the clinic's cardiac implantation electronic device program. Serves as primary resource for device and troubleshooting, programming and tracking. Identifies and triages the clinical needs, patient care outcomes and evaluates progress through documentation and communication.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Coordinates, delegates, and manages the Cardiac Device Clinic, which includes Pacemakers, defibrillators, implantable loop recorders, holter monitors and ambulatory cardiac monitoring systems.
2. Analyzes and ensures comprehensive data and research is obtained and remains current.
3. Serves as the primary resource for device troubleshooting, programming and tracking of CIED patients. Oversees and triages for in office and remote cardiac implanted device alerts.
4. Conducts cardiac device training and provides support to cardiology staff in other hospital ancillary departments including ECIC, Cardiac Rehab, and telemetry floors.
5. Conducts patient education, as directed by a physician, on end of life decisions regarding their defibrillators and trains staff on programming Tachy arrhythmia therapies off.
6. Assists with facilitation of new cardiac technology into the program.
7. Ensures that proper policies and procedures are established and followed concerning patient documentation and follow up care.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
BS in Biomedical Engineering, IT or a medically related field
5 years of field or device clinic experience
International Board of Heart Rhythm Examiners (IBHRE) certification
Competency of Programmers and Algorithms for Medtronic, St Jude Medical Boston Scientific, and Biotronic implantable devices
Specific technical knowledge related to arrhythmia management
Knowledge and standards of arrhythmia technology to monitor, interpret and evaluate of stored electronic cardiographs
Knowledge of safety requirements to provide instructions and to recognize and correct hazardous conditions
Ability to evaluate data and make program recommendations as per ECA pacer protocol or as directed by a provider.
Ability to determine budget needs and maintain expenditures
Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
DESIRED for the position: