About Service Trade Jobs
By being hired into one of our Support jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Professionals in Support careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Support job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. An opportunity at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
Diet Clerk / Server
**Up to $1,000.00 sign on bonus for new employee of EvergreenHealth***
Responsible for performing office tasks that ensure accurate and efficient diet order taking of prescribed food to the patient.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Receives and processes patient information and implements Dietician's instructions to ensure nutritional care of all patients; receives and processes diet orders/food requests; maintains accurate patient records and diet ordering information.
2. Takes meal orders from patients in person and over the telephone, using standardized terminology; answers menu/recipe questions and offers alternatives for the patient within diet order.
3. Operates electronic Point of Service (POS) system and hospital software applications that ensure prompt and accurate meal ordering. Follows up with kitchen and clinical staff as necessary to ensure prompt and accurate delivery.
4. Retrieves meals from the kitchen; delivers trays to the patient, retrieves the tray after the patient is finish eating, and rounds with the patient to ensure there experience was satisfactory.
5. Coordinates with nursing for medication before eating or delivering a tray.
6. Expedites missing trays as soon as possible to ensure prompt service recovery when the items are missed.
7. Monitors intakes and documents intakes; reports intake levels to dietician and nursing.
8. Takes orders for visitors in the room, charges correctly, delivers and retrieves trays.
9. Retrieves all equipment, smallwares and trays from assigned floors and brings it back to the dishroom to be washed and sanitized correctly. Cleans mobile cart at the end of every meal.
10. Types and prints out tube feeding between meal nourishments labels for proper patient identification.
11. Monitors and enters items sent after stocking nourishment centers & supplement tallies on assigned floors into the computer for accurate accounting of items sent.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED for the position:
High School graduate or equivalent combination of education and experience
A valid Washington State "Food and Beverage Workers" Permit
ServSafe or Certified Professional Food Manager (NEHA-National Environmental Health Association) certification or ability to obtain within 180 days of hire date
Ability to communicate clearly.
Ability to provide excellent customer service.
6 months recent work experience hospital dietetics and diet therapy or a combination of education/experience
Knowledge of safety, sanitation and food-handling standards and practices.
Ability to perform basic math functions including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, ratios, and numbering sequencing.
DESIRED for the position:
90-hours Food Service Certification
Formal nutrition education
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Healthcare 1199NW. Union membership is optional.