About Administrative Services Jobs
By being hired into one of our Administrative Services jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Professionals in Administrative Services careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Administrative Services job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. An opportunity at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
EHPB Self Pay Collections Specialist
EvergreenHealth will advance the health of the community it serves through our dedication to high quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective healthcare.
Responsible for the review and resolution of all self-pay aged encounters. Receives patient phone calls and is responsible for assisting patients regarding account inquiries and payments.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Reviews aged self pay encounters for appropriate action prior to collection agency assignment.
2. Places a call to patients with an aged self pay account over $500.00, attempting to collect payment prior to collection agency assignment.
3. Responsible for keeping collection agency (s) informed of any additional action on assigned encounters.
4. Processes requests from collection agencies for itemized statements and authorization for legal action.
5. Responds to written inquiries from patients, third-party sponsors, other departments and collection agencies.
6. Edits, audits, and rebills accounts as needed by following all department procedures
7. Prepares and monitors Bankruptcies and Probate forms on accounts.
8. Handles all incoming customer service calls efficiently. Identifies nature of patient inquiry or concern and determines appropriate course of action; interprets policies and procedures as they relate to specific inquiries.
9. Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
10. Responsible for the “Accountabilities” associated with this position in support of the organization.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Must utilize Cerner Ideal professional billing application, and multiple hospital applications.
• Requires the ability to deal effectively with all levels of the institution, patients, physicians and other outside entities.
• Requires the understanding of billing requirements on claims and medical terminologies, general knowledge of payer contracts and appeal rights and timely filing requirements of payers.
• The impact of errors can be significant and a high level of attention to detail is crucial to ensure that the resulting processing is accurate.
• Requires a high degree of organizational skills and ability to follow through.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• High School graduate or equivalent.
• 1 year customer service experience
• 1 year previous experience in professional billing
• Knowledge and experience in working with health care insurers’ and their reimbursement systems , especially Medicare, Medicaid, Workers Compensation, Motor Vehicle and contract payers.
• A good understanding of CPT, Modifiers, HCPC, ICD-9 codes and medical terminologies.
• Demonstrated problem solving ability.
• Ten-key by touch
DESIRED for the position:
• College degree/Vocational training in billing or business
• Customer Service/Dispute Resolution Workshops or seminars