About Internal only Jobs
Internal Only positions are only available for EvergreenHealth’s current employees. If you are not a current employee, please search one of our other categories that have positions available to both internal and external candidates. Thank you.
Health Unit Coordinator - SEIU Internal only
Responsible for clerical and reception functions on assigned units which includes close coordination with unit staff, patients and family members, other healthcare professionals and departments.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Acts as unit resource and provide customer service to patients, families, healthcare professionals and all staff.
2. Facilitates communications on the unit and between the unit, ancillary departments and healthcare providers.
3. Ensures coverage of telephones and intercoms at all times.
4. Maintains patient records and unit census records on a daily basis.
5. Processes physician orders from the patient chart, according to policy.
6. Coordinates admissions, transfers and discharges to the Charge Nurse and appropriate departments.
7. Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
8. Responsible for the "Accountabilities" associated with this position in support of the organization.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
High School graduation or equivalent
Must possess oral and written skills to efficiently communicate and process information regarding patients.
Completion of a medical terminology course and/or a Health Unit Coordinator course.
Must demonstrate high skill level and proficiency in medical terminology.
DESIRED for the position:
One (1) year of related experience in a similar setting
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Healthcare 1199NW.