About Administrative Services Jobs
By being hired into one of our Administrative Services jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Professionals in Administrative Services careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Administrative Services job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. An opportunity at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
Health Unit Coordinator - SEIU
Responsible for clerical and reception functions on assigned units which includes close coordination with unit staff, patients and family members, other healthcare professionals and departments.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Acts as unit resource and provide customer service to patients, families, healthcare professionals and all staff.
2. Facilitates communications on the unit and between the unit, ancillary departments and healthcare providers.
3. Ensures coverage of telephones and intercoms at all times.
4. Maintains patient records and unit census records on a daily basis.
5. Processes physician orders from the patient chart, according to policy.
6. Coordinates admissions, transfers and discharges to the Charge Nurse and appropriate departments.
7. Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
8. Responsible for the "Accountabilities" associated with this position in support of the organization.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
High School graduation or equivalent
Must possess oral and written skills to efficiently communicate and process information regarding patients.
Completion of a medical terminology course and/or a Health Unit Coordinator course.
Must demonstrate high skill level and proficiency in medical terminology.
DESIRED for the position:
One (1) year of related experience in a similar setting
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Healthcare 1199NW.