About View All Jobs
By being hired into one of our jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Professionals in EvergreenHealth careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. A job at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
Lead Appt Scheduler - LSC
Schedules appointments for patients while coordinating communication between the patient and others within the clinic. A lead performs the same job functions as staff led on a regular basis; a lead assists the work team and provides “oversight” of work team on behalf of supervisor. Performs all job functions as described in the Appt Scheduler-Clinic job description.
1. Performs all job functions as described in the Appt Scheduler-Clinic job description.
2. Support clinic and administrative decisions and assist with disseminating information and changes to staff. Assist with clinic operations and communication between clinical and non-clinical staff.
3. Assist and backs up clinic manager with weekly staff schedules for scheduling department. Assist with coordination of breaks and lunches while maintaining adequate staff coverage.
4. Responsible to recommend to clinic manager alternatives in scheduling services for optimal use of provider time and staff time.
5. Functions as initial point of contact to receive both compliments and complaints from patients, visitors, vendors, staff, etc., and help resolve issues. Escalates to manager as needed.
6. Assist with Quality Improvement initiatives that affect scheduling department and duties. Diligently assess alternative solutions to problems with a priority to the best interest of the clinic.
7. Responsible to order and maintain adequate supplies for his/her department. Also responsible to make sure forms are adequately stocked at all times.
8. Operates business machines and assume responsibility for their proper operation. Report the needs of minor equipment used by staff in the scheduling department including maintenance, repair, and replacement to clinic manager.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED for the position:
High school diploma or GED
2 years of scheduling experience in a medical office
Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, L&I, and commercial benefit programs.
Demonstrated understanding of healthcare delivery systems and healthcare insurance
Familiar with referral processing, coding, and health insurance types
Ability to display leadership skills including but not limited to leading by example and successfully giving direction to those in his/her department.
Ability to communicate in a clear and precise manner to providers, co-workers, patients, vendors, and general public.
Must possess skills in communication and ability to work with others in both one on one and group settings.
Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Ability to learn, perform, and train others in all duties based on the appointment scheduler job description.
Ability to promote staff teamwork and effective working relationships.
Display professionalism and have the ability to keep highly confidential and/or sensitive information private.
Possess ability to organize, maintain neat workspace, and overall be detail oriented.
Ability to maintain a standard of exceptional courtesy and friendliness and a high level of customer service
Must have legible handwriting and proficient keyboarding skills
Maintain professional appearance and demeanor at all times
Working proficiency of Microsoft Windows and Office applications.