About Professional Technical Jobs
By being hired into one of our Professional\Technical jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Individuals in Professional\Technical careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Professional\Technical job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. An opportunity at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
Lead Clinical Lab Assist II-SE SEIU
The Lead Clinical Lab Asst II Phleb-SE supports the Supv-Laboratory Processing and assists with day-to-day operations involving the Clinical Lab Assistants in the main lab and Outpatient Processing. This position works closely with the supervisor to make sure quality issues are addressed and opportunities for improvement are explored and documented. The position assists with required quality monitoring and daily and monthly report generation. This position performs venipuncture and capillary collections and processing. This position receives and assists patients, visitors and staff or refers individuals as appropriate.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Certification from an approved phlebotomy-training program with successful completion of a required internship preferred, or relevant work experience
• Medical terminology
• Able to qualify for a State of Washington Medical Assistant – Phlebotomist (MA-P).
• Have and maintain current Healthcare Provider CPR certification.
DESIRED for the position:
• 3 years of experience working in a clinical laboratory customer service or specimen processing role
• Previous training and competence in dealing with the unique needs in the range of customer service situations with clinicians and their office staff
• Working knowledge of the various government regulations specifically Medicare and the Washington state medical Test Site regulations. Working knowledge of the College of American Pathologists (ASCP) and the Joint Commission (TJC) inspection criteria
* This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Healthcare 1199NW.