About Professional Technical Jobs
By being hired into one of our Professional\Technical jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Individuals in Professional\Technical careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Professional\Technical job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. An opportunity at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
Medical Assistant - Call & Referral Support
***Up to $3,000.00 sign on bonus for experienced MA's with a minimum of one year experience and new employee of EvergreenHealth***
***Up to $1,500.00 sign on bonus for new MA graduates***
Responsible for assisting providers by handling patient phone calls and performing patient follow up via phone. Performs data entry related to prescription refills, test/lab results, and other clerical duties as necessary.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Answers and handles patient phone calls, takes messages for the provider or forwards as necessary.
2. Calls in prescriptions as ordered by provider following standard refill protocol. Performs data entry related to the refill of patient prescriptions.
3. Conducts follow up calls for the provider related to medication adjustments or changes; appointment scheduling related to specific care needs, providing patient specific information to specialist providers, pharmacies and associated healthcare services following HIPAA standards and EHPC protocol.
4. May call in lab/test orders and/or provide test and lab results to patients following EHPC Lab/Test results protocol.
• Must utilize EMR efficiently and follow appropriate processes for entering and retrieving data
• Skilled in the use of computer programs used in the clinic setting.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• High School graduate or equivalent or applicable coursework to be applied to obtain required WA State Medical Assistant Certification.
• Current WA State Medical Assistant Certification.
• Current national certification through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), American Medical Technologist (AMT), National Healthcareer Association (NHA), National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) or American Medical Certification Association (AMCA)
• Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
• Proficient with medical terminology
DESIRED for the position:
• 1 year of related work experience