About Internal only Jobs
Internal Only positions are only available for EvergreenHealth’s current employees. If you are not a current employee, please search one of our other categories that have positions available to both internal and external candidates. Thank you.
Nurse Technician Internal only
EvergreenHealth is seeking an experienced nursing assistant who is a student enrolled in a school of nursing who provides individualized care to patients for a Nursing Technician position on the MedSurg nursing team.
This nursing technician functions under the direct supervision of an assigned registered nurse and within the scope of practice that the supervising registered nurse has determined is appropriate. The scope of practice is based on the education and skills of the Nurse Technician and defined by the Washington Administrative Code (WAC). May assist with general clinical responsibilities that contribute directly and indirectly to patient care; working with other members of the healthcare team to provide continuity of care.
1. Responsible to accept only those assignments within the limits of academic preparation.
2. Provides quarterly documentation of attendance, evaluation of skill competency from the School of Nursing and a completed skills list signed by the clinical instructor and the EvergreenHealth RN preceptor to the program coordinator.
3. Delivers nursing care within established standards of care, hospital and unit guidelines, policies and procedures.
4. Demonstrates knowledge of safe and correct skills and proper technique, consistent with EvergreenHealth nursing policies and standards. Seeks assistance and supervision from an RN when needed.
5. Initiates appropriate nursing care and offers suggestions for the care plan.
6. Gathers patient information and administers and documents nursing care including taking vital signs, and observing signs and symptoms of disease/illness.
7. Assists patients in activities of daily living, such as bathing, grooming, eating, basic hygiene and mobility (ambulating, turning, positioning and range of motion).
8. Changes dressings, performs urinary catheterization and other treatments and procedures in accordance with formal training received through the Nursing degree program, as delegated by the RN and signed off on the competency assessment report.
9. Performs other duties as assigned within the scope of practice.
The Nurse Technician may not assume the following responsibilities:
• Administer chemotherapy, blood or blood products, IV medications or scheduled drugs.
• Perform procedures on central lines.
• Take a verbal or telephone order from a provider.
• Transcribe a written order.
• Perform any procedure not yet covered in his/her student nursing curriculum.
• Perform any procedure not yet covered at EvergreenHealth nor signed off on the competency assessment report.
1. Proficiency in reading, writing, comprehending and speaking English as required for business necessity.
2. Accountability for HIPAA privacy and security standards within the department or assigned nursing unit.
3. Must possess basic skills to use Microsoft Office, specialized software and electronic office equipment.
4. Provide patient care, based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety and related criteria, specific to the age of the patient population served in the department or assigned nursing unit.
5. Adheres to organizational patient safety standards relevant to the department or assigned nursing unit.
6. Works with other members of the healthcare team to provide continuity of care.
7. Demonstrates ability to complete details and consistently follow through on assignments.
8. Documents accurately, promptly and appropriately according to hospital procedures.
9. Utilizes effective communication skills in interpersonal relationships with patients, families, and other healthcare disciplines.
10. Communicates effectively all relevant information (e.g. patient information, safety issues, problems with equipment, quality issues, etc.) to RN or manager in a timely way.
11. Must utilize one or more Cerner application to deliver and track patient care.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• Current Washington State registration as a Nursing Technician.
• Current and continued enrollment, in good standing, in a Washington State Nursing Commission approved and nationally accredited nursing program and the successful completion of at least 1 clinical nursing rotation.
• Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
DESIRED for the position:
• Recent experience in a healthcare setting involving patient contact.