About Administrative Services Jobs
By being hired into one of our Administrative Services jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Professionals in Administrative Services careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Administrative Services job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. An opportunity at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
Patient Account Representative - Clinic
Responsible for a variety of office/clerical tasks relating to claims processing; contacts patients and responsible parties to resolve past-due accounts; investigates account status and initiates collection.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Identifies problem accounts with payors; investigates and corrects errors, follows-up on missing account information, and resolves past-due accounts.
2. Evaluates PPO/HMO insurance payments received to ensure accurate reimbursement and contractual write-offs.
3. Verifies eligibility of insurance coverage prior to patient visit.
4. Contacts payor websites to obtain claim status.
5. Re-bills claims when necessary, having knowledge of HCFA 1500, UB-92s and the required data necessary for payment of claims.
6. Performs all research necessary to resolve problem claims.
7. Advises manager of possible trends in inappropriate utilization (under and/or over), and other quality of care issues.
8. Maintains frequent and regular contact with supervisor and seeks assistance, supervision or consultation when appropriate.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
•High school diploma or equivalent
•Previous general office or administrative support experience
•A good understanding of billing requirements on claims, general knowledge of payer contracts and timely filing requirements of payers assigned.
•Working knowledge of medical terminology.
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
•High level interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with all levels of the institution and authorized outside entities.
•Strong attention to detail and good organizational skills.
DESIRED for the position:
•1 year of experience in healthcare billing and collections
•Vocational training or college degree in medical assisting, billing or business desired