About Administrative Services Jobs
By being hired into one of our Administrative Services jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Professionals in Administrative Services careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Administrative Services job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. An opportunity at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
Patient Coordinator-Testing Center
Responsible for supporting EvergreenHealth COVID-19 Drive-Through Testing Center by providing best practice scheduling and registration for patients and providers, as well as triaging and attending to varying patient needs. Service provided by this position is vital to the organization as it is often the first contact with patient, providers and staff members from various clinics and hospital departments.
1. Provides scheduling of patient appointments as part of a Drive-Through Testing Center coordinating testing appointments for multiple locations and departments.
2. Manages incoming and interoffice telephone calls/inquiries, takes complete and accurate messages, and coordinates communication between appropriate interdisciplinary staff including but not limited to: MA’s, RN’s, ARNP’s and MD’s.
3. Daily management of Web Message appointment requests via outbound consumer calls for appointment scheduling.
4. Utilizes predefined message templates and routes to appropriate party for patient coordination/assistance as needed.
5. Directs patients to other departments and/or resources as needed; transcribes and forwards patient messages as appropriate.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
• REQUIRED for the position:
• High school graduate or equivalent
• Two years of experience in a hospital, medical office or healthcare insurance setting
• Ability to type 35 WPM with high degree of accuracy
• Knowledge of clinical/medical office procedures
• Ability to be flexible and relate well with others in a professional and pleasant manner
• Knowledge of medical records confidentiality
• Critical thinking, solid judgment and ability to act quickly following standard process for callers in crisis.
• Excellent communication skills with a high degree of tact and poise to deal effectively with patients, physicians and hospital staff members
• DESIRED for the position:
• Working knowledge of insurances, Medicare, DSHS, Labor and Industries, and other third party insurances
• Previous insurance verifier, pre-authorization and/or medical receptionist experience
• Knowledge of medical terminology