About Administrative Services Jobs
By being hired into one of our Administrative Services jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Professionals in Administrative Services careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Administrative Services job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. An opportunity at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
Patient Flow Coordinator
EvergreenHealth is seeking an experienced Patient Placement Coordinator.
This Patient Placement Coordinator is responsible for overall movement of patients in a safe efficient manner and ensuring optimal utilization of resources to meet patient care needs. The Patient Placement Coordinator is responsible as a single point of contact for staff, physicians, outside facilities and others for centralized patient placement and promotes patient satisfaction as a leader by demonstration of extraordinary service. This Patient Placement Coordinator is able to communicate specifics of the overall EvergreenHealth census and staffing at any given point while on shift.
1. Facilitates optimal clinical match of resources to patient needs by: assigning patient placement, collaborating with staff, physicians and ancillary departments to deploy staff; monitoring patient flow; directing and prioritizing activities to facilitate appropriate patient placement.
2. Maintains prompt, ongoing and effective communication with directors, managers, charge nurses and staff regarding admissions, discharges and transfers.
3. Ensures a safe environment for staff, patients, and visitors; communicates safety issues as soon as identified.
4. Proactively manages requests for admission, facilitates throughput of patients throughout the hospital, and ensures timely turnaround of beds.
5. Identify and assign beds for all admissions from various access points to include: the Emergency Department, Surgery, Cardiac Cath, pre-admission, and same day admission, direct admits, transfer from Critical Care Unit/ Intensive Care Unit (CCU/ICU), as well as inter- facility hospital direct admissions.
6. Works with nursing units and leaders to identify best available bed placement at the time of request, given patient needs, staffing resources, level of care requirements, infection control principles, and throughput goals.
7. Proactively manages hospital bed capacity in a timely and accurate manner.
8. Works with Environmental Services (EVS) for cleaning of all hospital beds and notifies housekeeping supervisor of delays. Consistently monitors “bed availability” in conjunction with EVS to efficiently place patients in beds.
9. Actively participates in organizational improvement processes impacting patient placement and throughput.
10. Communicates regularly with timely updates to ensure optimal patient flow and address throughput barriers to the following:
• Nursing Supervisor- to assure patient flow planning is maintained and issues are addressed
• Directors and nurse managers- to assist with addressing bottlenecks at the unit or facility level and to address issues and receive guidance with planning
• Charge nurses- to prepare them for the admissions expected and assure they are ready with available bed and nursing staff
• Emergency Department, Clinics, PACU and procedure areas- to keep updated on likely or known admissions and their likely arrival times
• Staffing coordinator- to plan for adequate staffing for expected admissions to the units
11. Performs related work such as preparing reports or special projects when needed.
12. Demonstrates knowledge of patient-to-nurse ratios on units based on the established unit specific staffing criteria.
13. Employs a high degree of skill in all oral and written communications, personal interactions, and effective decision making.
14. Maintains a calm, rational, professional demeanor when dealing with others, even in situations involving conflict or crisis. Performs well under pressure.
15. Maintains absolute adherence to hospital and departmental policies and practices regarding confidentiality and patients’ rights.
16. Consistently is attentive to detail, record-keeping and required paperwork inherent to the position.
17. Facilitates high productivity, staff satisfaction, and clinical excellence for shift.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
• REQUIRED for the position: RN
• Bachelor’s in Nursing (BSN) required within 5 years of employment if applicable
• 2 years of experience in a charge nurse or leadership role
• Current State of Washington professional nursing license
• Knowledge of Federal, State, and JC regulations and requirements
• Recent Inpatient clinical experience
• Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
• DESIRED for the position:
• Master’s degree in Nursing
• Previous experience in a similar role