About Administrative Services Jobs
By being hired into one of our Administrative Services jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Professionals in Administrative Services careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Administrative Services job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. An opportunity at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
Patient Registrar - SEIU
Represent EvergreenHealth as welcoming officials to patients and visitors and is responsible for accurate and courteous registration of patients in a manner that promotes EvergreenHealth's values that contributes towards an optimum patient experience. Accountable for the proper patient identification to ensure a patient safety. Initiates the Patient Revenue Cycle for maximum and timely reimbursement with utilization of registration functions/systems.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Interviews patient or their representatives to obtain demographic and billing information via the registration area or the patient's bedside.
2. Assists patients in completing the appropriate consent and/or worker's compensation forms.
3. Completes pre-registration of patients prior to scheduled admission as necessary (may be conducted over phone or in person with patient or patient representative).
4. Responsible for point-of-service collections.
5. Identifies the need for financial counseling and refers the patient to the Financial Clearance Unit.
6. Demonstrates knowledge of insurance payers and the use of electronic systems for verification purposes.
7. Works with the House Supervisor for direct and scheduled admits as needed.
8. Responsible for updating patient type changes based on physician's orders.
9. Informs surgery patients of scheduled admit and surgery times.
10. Responsible for following downtime procedures.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• High School graduate or equivalent
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Ability to be flexible in work assignments, detail oriented and organized and works well with others in a professional manner.
• Strong communication skills to effectively obtain information from patients, physicians, other clients.
• Ability to function independently, organize work, multitask, and establish priorities.
• Numerical ability is required to discuss financial arrangements including deposit requirements.
• Ability to exercise good judgment in determining appropriate actions in emergent situations, problem solving, and retain composure in stressful situations.
• Detail oriented and organized.
• Ability to manage work volume and disseminate status updates to team members.
DESIRED for the position:
• Vocational training or college degree in the healthcare setting.
• 2 year prior experience in a hospital or medical setting
• Working knowledge of insurances.
*This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Healthcare 1199NW. the SEIU