About Professional Technical Jobs
By being hired into one of our Professional\Technical jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Individuals in Professional\Technical careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Professional\Technical job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. An opportunity at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
Pharmacist Inpatient Clinical
Responsible for monitoring drug therapy for both inpatients and outpatients. Provides pharmaceutical consultation to physicians, other health care workers, patients, and the general public. Is also responsible for the preparation and dispensing of pharmaceuticals in the pharmacy.
1. Performs a review of each medication order assuring safe and effective dosage, route, and rate of administration. Also assures minimization of preventable drug interactions, therapeutic duplication, allergic reactions, and adverse drug reactions.
2. Performs P&T established therapeutic interchanges and intravenous to oral medication conversion.
3. Provides medication teaching/counseling to patients as required.
4. Understands pharmacoeconomics, and actively promotes cost effective drug therapy.
5. Follows the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee established drug formulary, works with physicians to modify non-formulary orders to formulary drugs when possible.
6. Provides drug information to health care providers in reply to specific requests in a timely fashion and presents the information in a form that aids the decision making process for a specific patient where applicable.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED for the position:
• Current Washington state pharmacist license
• Bachelors degree
• Math skills necessary to perform drug dosing and compounding calculations
• Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
DESIRED for the position:
• Resident training, Doctor of Pharmacy degree or equivalent experience
• Preceptor license
• Current ACLS training recommended for full and part-time staff working primarily in acute care areas