About Professional Technical Jobs
By being hired into one of our Professional\Technical jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Individuals in Professional\Technical careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Professional\Technical job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. An opportunity at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
Pharmacist Inpatient Clinical
Inpatient Central Pharmacist
EvergreenHealth Medical Center is seeking a full-time Pharmacist to support the Inpatient Central Pharmacy at EvergreenHealth located in Kirkland, WA. This is a day shift 7 on/7 off position (schedule: 7 AM to 5:30 PM).
In this position you will:
- Evaluate provider medication orders for appropriateness of drug, dosage, potential interactions, and route of administration.
- Review home medication lists that have been reconciled by pharmacy medication reconciliation technicians to ensure accuracy and appropriateness.
- Contact and confer with physicians regarding questions or irregularities on medication orders or home medication lists.
- Oversee the work of pharmacy technicians and other ancillary staff members in the central pharmacy.
- Review unit-dosed medications for accuracy.
- Coordinate the distribution of medications to patients throughout the hospital.
- Assist clinical pharmacists with consults including but not limited to vancomycin, warfarin, total parenteral nutrition, and pain management.
REQUIRED for the position:
• Hospital experience (at least 2 years) or completion of a postgraduate year 1 residency
• Current Washington state pharmacist license
• Bachelors degree
• Math skills necessary to perform drug dosing and compounding calculations
• Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
DESIRED for the position:
• Resident training, Doctor of Pharmacy degree or equivalent experience
• Preceptor license
• Current ACLS training recommended for full and part-time staff working primarily in acute care areas