About Professional Technical Jobs
By being hired into one of our Professional\Technical jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Individuals in Professional\Technical careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Professional\Technical job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. An opportunity at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
Pharmacist - Intern
Seeking a Pharmacy student entering the first year and must be local.
Responsible for assisting pharmacists, patients, and other healthcare personnel in the greatest capacity possible to produce a professional environment that provides efficient, safe and user friendly pharmacy services for EvergreenHealth.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Assists in training pharmacy technicians, students, and volunteers.
2. Assists in performing, under the supervision and control of a licensed pharmacist, manipulative, non-discretionary functions associated with the practice of pharmacy.
3. Recognizes legal responsibilities and functions within limitations of the laws and regulations governing institutional pharmacy.
4. Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
5. Responsible for the "Accountabilities" associated with this position in support of the organization.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Understands the role of pharmacist and technician and the duties assigned to each.
• Must utilize one or more Cerner applications to deliver and track patient care.
• Varied day-to-day activities regarding all aspects of providing pharmacy services to inpatients and outpatients.
• Filling of medication orders, IV admixture, controlled substance dispensing and inventory, compounding, outpatient prescriptions, and delivery of medications.
• Prioritizes pharmacy workload and workflow to ensure timely processing of orders and delivery of medication to patient care areas.
• Troubleshoots problems related to the medication process, communicates with other health care workers regarding drug supply issues.
• Responds to specific needs of patients, families and other coworkers.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• Washington State pharmacy intern license
• Math skills necessary to perform drug dosing and compounding calculations
DESIRED for the position:
• pharmacy experience