About Professional Technical Jobs
By being hired into one of our Professional\Technical jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Individuals in Professional\Technical careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Professional\Technical job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. An opportunity at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
Pharmacy Tech - IP
Responsible for assisting pharmacists, patients, and other healthcare personnel in the greatest capacity possible with the processing of pharmaceuticals. Job functions are performed in order to produce a professional environment that leads to the best possible care for those whom we serve. Responsible for the timely delivery of medications for all patient care areas served by the department. Works as a team member in the department to triage level of expediency and priority of medication delivery.
1. Answers and triages phone calls and other requests received at window and door within department utilizing excellent customer service skills.
2. Accurately calculates, determines, and selects the correct dose to be measured, withdrawn, and/or assembled for the final product to be checked by the pharmacist.
3. Safely and accurately prepares medications to be ultimately checked by a pharmacist. This may include, but not limited to, the following types of activities:
Utilizing a compounding formula to prepare topical ointments and creams
Repackaging unit dose medications from bulk bottles or packages
Compounding oral solutions and packaging appropriate quantities or volume
Preparing sterile products, such as intravenous solutions
4. Adheres to infection control procedures within the department, including observing USP 797 practices and performing proper aseptic technique when preparing sterile products.
5. Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; and removing outdated drugs.
6. Ensures proper storage of medications in the department and in patient care areas, according to the manufacturer's stated storage requirements (including, but not limited to, expiration dating,air, temperature, and light exposure) and organizational policies and procedures (e.g., storage of look-alike, sound-alike medications, storage locations of high- risk medications, storage of emergency medications).
7. Provides timely delivery of medications for all patient care areas served by the department.
8. Constantly communicates with other technicians and pharmacists to assess workflow and assist where needed.
9. Safely, accurately, and efficiently operates pharmacy automation and technology necessary for daily pharmacy activities. Activities may include robot operation, automated dispensing cabinet restocking and trouble-shooting, running reports, repackaging medications using a packaging machine, and crediting/debiting medications in the pharmacy medication system.
10. Maintains proper chain of custody for controlled substances (CS), ensures proper storage and control of CS, ensures accurate delivery of CS, and properly accounts for all transactions and/or files all paperwork related CS activity. Includes the stocking of anesthesia boxes for the OR and ESC departments.
11. Completes all daily tasks as assigned in a timely and efficient manner. Assists coworkers as necessary to complete all tasks for the day, and performs other duties as assigned.
12. Accurately performs specialized technician function duties as assigned and where applicable, such as verification checking of pharmacy technician prepared medications
for floor stock and automated dispensing machines.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED for the position:
Current Washington State Pharmacy Technician license
Skills necessary to perform extemporaneous drug compounding and IV syringe preparation.
Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication / interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated organizational ability.
Able to work efficiently and accurately in busy and stressful situations.
High School graduate or equivalent
DESIRED for the position:
Healthcare pharmacy experience