About Professional Technical Jobs
By being hired into one of our Professional\Technical jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Individuals in Professional\Technical careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Professional\Technical job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. An opportunity at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
Pharmacy Technician - EPC
Responsible for assisting pharmacists, patients, and pharmacy management in the greatest capacity possible with the processing and billing of prescription pharmaceuticals and over-the-counter products. Job functions are performed in order to produce a professional environment that leads to the best possible care for those whom we serve. Responsible for the timely preparation and distribution of pharmaceuticals in the EPC Pharmacy. Works as a team member in the department to triage level of expediency and priority of care delivery.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Performs accurate prescription order entry; new prescriptions and refills. Accurately counts prescriptions.
2. Performs cashier duties.
3. Assists pharmacist.
4. Performs compounding of medications in accordance with Board of Pharmacy requirements.
5. Filing, stocking, non-clinical phone inquiries, and other technical functions under the supervision of a pharmacist.
6. Assists in receiving and returning telephone calls and electronic communication. Triages phone messages for pharmacists. Communicates with provider offices for non-clinical issues as directed by the pharmacist.
7. Performs daily billing and charging functions as directed.
8. Constantly communicates with other clinic support staff and pharmacists to assess workflow and assist where needed.
9. Collects required medical forms from patients to comply with regulations.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Must utilize one or more Cerner applications to deliver and track patient care. Must complete a written Cerner application(s) competency assessment with a minimum passing score of 80% or greater, dependent on the employee's job and department.
• Varied day-to-day activities regarding all aspects of providing pharmacy services to discharged patients, outpatients, walk-ins, ambulatory patients, and hospice patients.
• Processing physician office orders and OTC.
• Prioritizes pharmacy workload and workflow to ensure timely processing of orders and delivery to customers.
• Works in a supervised environment. Most job functions are prioritized and performed using good decision-making skills.
• Troubleshoot problems related to prescription filling, may communicate with other health care workers.
• Responds to specific needs of patients, families and other coworkers.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
Current Washington State Pharmacy Technician license
Math skills necessary to perform billing functions and cashiering
Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication / interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated organizational ability.
Able to work efficiently and accurately in busy and stressful situations.
High School graduate or equivalent
Healthcare pharmacy experience
2 years retail pharmacy experience