About Professional Technical Jobs
By being hired into one of our Professional\Technical jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Individuals in Professional\Technical careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Professional\Technical job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. An opportunity at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
Physical Therapist - Home Health
Evergreen Home Health is the largest and most innovative stand-alone Home Care provider in King and Snohomish counties. With our low staff turnover and continued growth we are in need of additional staff. Start your day from home on a supplied laptop and cell phone. Only occasionally will you need to come to Kirkland once you are finished with orientation. Full-time and part-time schedules are available. All positions are paid hourly plus mileage. If you are looking for flexibility, EvergreenHealth is the home for you.
Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and providing skilled care to patients requiring physical therapy services in the home in conjunction with the patient, family and the interdisciplinary team, as ordered by the physician. The PT will be responsible for clinical outcomes as well as industry benchmarks.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provide, coordinate and oversee skilled intermittent care to patients and include instruction and education of patients and/or caregivers to promote maximal functional status, in the patient’s home.
2. Regularly evaluates and re-evaluates patient status.
3. Initiates, develops, implements and revises the patient’s plan of care (POC).
4. Addresses all problems identified in the POC.
5. Provides educational information to the patient/family/caregiver concerning knowledge deficits or needs regarding the patient’s condition.
6. Communicates with other disciplines involved in the case as warranted.
7. Reports signs/symptoms signaling a change in patient condition to the patient’s physician and case manager as needed.
8. Reassesses the patient within 48 hours following a change in patient condition or discharge from a 24-hour or longer hospital stay, or as ordered by the physician.
9. Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
10. Responsible for the “Accountabilities” associated with this position in support of the organization.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Must utilize Cerner or McKesson to track and deliver patient care.
• Proficiency in the use of department equipment including but not limited to pulse oximeters, ultrasounds, and e-stimulation, coag machines.
• Must have oral and written language skills; visual and aural skills in order to communicate, ensure, and deliver safe patient care and to provide a legal record of this care.
• Ability to utilize various teaching methods and to adapt these to patient/client and family’s educational level and learning style. Must have the ability to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care.
• Must have knowledge of the healthcare financial environment, reimbursement, and levels of care.
• Must have knowledge of community resources and how to access them effectively and efficiently.
• Must have age-appropriate developmental assessment skills.
• Must have accountability for professional clinical practice, commitment to patient care, and commitment to uphold the Patient Bill of Rights.
• Must have maturity and interpersonal skills necessary to work successfully with an interdisciplinary team and deal effectively with patients and families from a variety of backgrounds and with varied emotional and medical needs.
• Time management skills to independently manage own caseload (i.e. to schedule visits, attend required meetings, responds to urgent needs by prioritizing and triaging multiple concerns.
• Map reading skills and ability to drive in varied situations and inclement weather.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• Current PT licensure to practice Physical Therapy in Washington State
• Recent applicable clinical experience in a medical/ surgical unit, rehab, or home health setting.
• Current Washington State Driver’s license and proof of insurability
• Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
DESIRED for the position:
• Bachelors, Masters, or Doctorate in Physical Therapy