About Administrative Services Jobs
By being hired into one of our Administrative Services jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Professionals in Administrative Services careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Administrative Services job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. An opportunity at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
Population Health Coordinator
EvergreenHealth is seeking an experienced Population Health Coordinator to join the Eastside Health Network team.
The Population Health Coordinator performs a variety of duties supporting population health initiatives. Responsible for care coordination related administrative activities including, but not limited to, patient education and outreach, follow-up phone calls for disease management, identifying patient care gaps, abstracting clinical data, retrieving relevant outside medical records, and assisting in quality audits. Working with clinical areas and other key stakeholders, supports data collection processes and makes recommendations for improving data collection methods, accuracy, and reporting. Participates in performance improvement activities in support of departmental and organizational goals.
1. Works in collaboration with clinical staff and other health care professionals to ensure continuity and coordination of care for patients and families to help meet patient goals
2. Make follow-up phone calls to target population as directed
3. Review target patient lists or disease registries to identify low- and emerging-risk patients
4. Conduct follow-up telephone calls to low and rising risk patients to eliminate identified care gaps
5. Obtain outside medical records to assist Health Information Department to reconcile patient medical records within scope
6. Assist with scheduling of care team visits to physician offices as needed
7. Identify appropriate patients to be captured into the database. Document data and care in the population health care management system and maintain confidentiality
8. Prepare, review, and audit the data collected for the accuracy and completeness
9. Participate in interrater reliability and auditing programs that ensure uniform and accurate data capture.
10. Educate and train staff in data collection process and techniques
11. Proactively seek opportunities to improve abstraction and reporting efficiencies
12. Follow the policies, procedures, and practices outlined in the Code of Conduct and Organizational Ethics policy. Report any business practice/compliance concerns according to organization policy.
13. Performs other duties as assigned
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of two years of experience in health care, acute care hospital or ambulatory clinic
• Experience with electronic health record (EHR) system
• Must maintain license as appropriate to profession, if applicable
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and Power Point
• Knowledge of medical terminology
• Experience with HEDIS metrics
• Exceptional organizational skills and proven ability to effectively and proactively complete multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
• Ability to interact with others in a professional and courteous manner
• Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing. Must be able to communicate with individuals and groups representing all levels of the organization
• Strong attention to detail, accuracy & ability to work independently
• Exhibits dependability and good judgment skills
DESIRED for the position:
• Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Medical Assistant, or LPN
• Relevant data management and data analysis experience, including use of statistical methods
• Background in Quality Improvement principles and techniques
• Knowledge of data analysis
Excellent Benefits available.