About Nursing Jobs
By being hired into one of our Nursing jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Professionals in Nursing careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Nursing job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. A Nursing career at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
RN - Critical Care STAT
EvergreenHealth, an integrated two- hospital system headquartered in the vibrant and beautiful Puget Sound area just outside of Seattle, seeks an Experienced Critical Care or Emergency Room RN to join the well- established, dynamic Critical Care Stat RN Team.
1. Provides direct patient care and functions as a patient advocate.
2. Assesses the comprehensive nursing needs of an assigned group of patients.
3. Coordinates the patient and family/significant other education process.
4. Continuously plans, implements, and evaluates patient care, incorporating patient and family/significant other into the process.
5. Participates with physician partners and other interdisciplinary team members to develop and implement patient and family/significant other plan of care.
6. Communicates effectively all relevant information (e.g., patient information, safety issues, problems with equipment, quality issues, etc.) to immediate supervisor, in timely way.
7. Communicates and documents changes in patient condition, on a timely basis, to charge nurse/supervisor and physician.
8. Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
Accountabilities / Competencies:
1. Accountability for HIPAA privacy and security standards within the department or assigned nursing unit
2. Must possess basic skills to use Microsoft Office, specialized software and electronic office equipment
3. Provides patient care, based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety and related criteria, specific to the age of the patient population served in the department or assigned nursing unit
4. Adheres to organizational patient safety standards
5. Delivers nursing care within established standards of care, hospital and unit guidelines, policies and procedures
6. Recognizes situations when appropriate assistance is needed to effectively execute the nursing process
7. Role models professional nursing practice
8. Provides and documents ongoing patient and family/significant other education
EvergreenHealth is committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients. The literature shows that having a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) contributes significantly to the quality of care. Toward that end, this position requires a BSN or a commitment to begin a BSN program within 3 years and obtain a BSN within five years of employment.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• Bachelor’s in Nursing (BSN) required within 5 years of employment if applicable
• Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
• Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
• Current Healthcare Provider ACLS certification by date of hire
• Critical Care or Emergency Room Nursing experience required
DESIRED for the position:
Master’s degree in Nursing
CCRN certification strongly preferred
Additional pay for BSN / MSN and CCRN.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the Washington State Nurses Association (WSNA). Union membership is optional.