About Internal only Jobs
Internal Only positions are only available for EvergreenHealth’s current employees. If you are not a current employee, please search one of our other categories that have positions available to both internal and external candidates. Thank you.
RN - Critical Care Unit Internal only
EvergreenHealth is seeking an experienced RN to join the well- established and dynamic team in the 20- bed Critical Care Unit.
EvergreenHealth is committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients. The literature shows that having a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) contributes significantly to the quality of care. Toward that end, this position requires a BSN or a commitment to begin a BSN program within 3 years and obtain a BSN within five years of employment. Please note this BSN requirement does not apply to EvergreenHealth RNs hired prior to April 1, 2014.
1. Provides direct patient care and functions as a patient advocate.
2. Assesses the comprehensive nursing needs of an assigned group of patients.
3. Coordinates the patient and family/significant other education process.
4. Continuously plans, implements, and evaluates patient care, incorporating patient and family/significant other into the process.
5. Participates with physician partners and other interdisciplinary team members to develop and implement patient and family/significant other plan of care.
6. Communicates effectively all relevant information (e.g., patient information, safety issues, problems with equipment, quality issues, etc.) to immediate supervisor, in timely way.
7. Communicates and documents changes in patient condition, on a timely basis, to charge nurse/supervisor and physician.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
Bachelor's in Nursing (BSN) required within 5 years of employment if applicable
Minimum of one-year recent RN experience in critical care.
License or Certification
Current WA State Registered Nurse License
Must have CPR Healthcare Provider certification by date of hire.
Must have ACLS certification by date of hire.
Desired for this position:
BSN or MSN
CCRN certification is preferred.
Additional pay for BSN / MSN and CCRN.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the Washington State Nurses Association (WSNA). Union membership is optional