About Internal only Jobs
Internal Only positions are only available for EvergreenHealth’s current employees. If you are not a current employee, please search one of our other categories that have positions available to both internal and external candidates. Thank you.
RN - MedSurg - New To Specialty Internal only
EvergreenHealth is seeking experienced RNs to join the well- established and dynamic MedSurg Unit team.
Primary Duties :
1. Provides direct patient care and functions as a patient advocate.
2. Assesses the comprehensive nursing needs of an assigned group of patients.
3. Coordinates the patient and family/significant other education process.
4. Continuously plans, implements, and evaluates patient care, incorporating patient and family/significant other into the process.
5. Participates with physician partners and other interdisciplinary team members to develop and implement patient and family/significant other plan of care.
6. Communicates effectively all relevant information (e.g., patient information, safety issues, problems with equipment, quality issues, etc.) to immediate supervisor, in timely way.
7. Communicates and documents changes in patient condition, on a timely basis, to charge nurse/supervisor and physician.
8. Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
9. Responsible for the "Accountabilities" associated with this position in support of the organization.
10.Performs other duties as assigned.
• Must utilize one or more Cerner applications to deliver and track patient care.
• Requires skill and flexibility in working with staff and customers, yet attention to detail and accuracy with all aspect of clinical practice.
• Demonstrates ability to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care.
• Demonstrates ability to communicate clinical / educational knowledge to learners (i.e., students, staff, patients and families).
• Demonstrates skills to complete the nursing competency assessment checklist.
• Demonstrates knowledge of new trends and techniques in nursing.
• Demonstrates oral and written language skills; visual and aural skills in order to communicates, ensure and deliver safe patient care and to provide a legal record of this care.
• Performs an assessment process that includes age specific growth and development needs.
• Demonstrates accountability for professional nursing practice, commitment to patient care and commitment to uphold the Patient Bill of Rights.
Qualifications and Requirements
REQUIRED for the position:
•Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
•Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
•Bachelor's in Nursing (BSN) required within 5 years of employment if applicable
DESIRED for this position:
Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
Additional pay for BSN / MSN.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the Washington State Nurses Association (WSNA). Union membership is optional