About Executive Management Supervisory Jobs
By being hired into one of our Leadership jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Professionals in this category come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Leadership job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. An opportunity at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
Manager - EHPC Clinical RN
EvergreenHealth is committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients. The literature shows that having a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) contributes significantly to the quality of care. Toward that end, this position requires a BSN or a commitment to begin a BSN program within three years and obtain a BSN within five years of employment.
Manages the day-to-day operations and profit and loss of more than one clinic facility, including physicians/staff management, patient scheduling, patient flow, medical records, patient accounting, supply ordering and complaint resolution.
Essential Job Functions:
1. We are the stewards of our culture. How we embrace and live our values and these principles cultivates our culture. We are accountable for exceptional outcomes and for constant improvement.
2. We are committed to continuous, incremental improvement to eliminate waste, inefficiency, ineffective communication, and variations in our processes.
3. We are "teachers and coaches" supporting the professional growth of our staff, to help our teams achieve their highest potential. We are committed to learning and growing as leaders in the application of these principles.
4. We are consistently responsive to those we serve. We listen and communicate effectively, always seeking first to understand and then to be understood. We are inclusive and transparent in our decision making and communications.
5. We role model healthy and rewarding personal lives that are balanced with the demands or our work. We find opportunities every day to genuinely recognize and celebrate the excellent work of our staff, physicians and volunteers.
6. Achieves budgeted expenses on a monthly and annual basis. On an annual basis, develops the office revenue, expense and capital budgets within EvergreenHealth guidelines.
7. Ensures the office and personnel are in compliance with EvergreenHealth policies. Ensures operation is in regulatory compliance with all governing agencies or bodies (OSHA, J C, Medicare, HIPAA etc). Responsible for the timeliness, accuracy and security of the patient medical record within the office.
8. Responsible for ensuring training of staff in proper EMR processes and procedures.
9. Works in collaboration for the development of continuous quality improvement culture and follow through of projects from design through completion, learning and next steps, in conjunction with CSP, EHPC Clinical QI specialist, EHPC Clinical Informatics Specialist and others as appropriate.
10. Responsible for CQI indicator monitoring, data collection and reporting.
11. Manages the clinic flow.
12. Provides continuity of care between the clinic, hospital, ER, specialists, Home Health, Hospice and LTC facilities.
13. Triages patients in person and via phone. Assesses the comprehensive nursing needs and develops a nursing diagnosis. Participates with the providers to develop and implement the plan of care. Analyzes diagnostic / lab test results and relays that information to the providers. Coordinates critical results in a timely manner.
14. Provides oversight of medical assistants to ensure patient care is provided within established guidelines and evaluates the outcomes of care. Provides education and training for medical assistants in collaboration with the manager and/or RN Quality Manager.
15. Performs nursing visits within scope of practice and assists with developing group visits with manager and providers.
16. Balances workloads and adjusts staffing to adequately cover providers.
17. Provides safe, family centered nursing patient care and serves as a consultant to the patients and caregivers
18. Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
19. Responsible for the "Accountabilities" associated with this position in support of the organization.
20. Performs other duties as assigned.
•Accountable for patient satisfaction, clinic performance and staff satisfaction for one or more clinics.
•Demonstrated knowledge and experience in working with all ages.
•Demonstrates ability to effectively motivate staff. Demonstrates skill in developing and maintaining team cohesiveness and facilitation staff members in supporting and learning from each other. Provides effective, positive and constructive feedback.
•Demonstrates ability and willingness to make informed decisions. Demonstrates problem-solving skills that take into consideration appropriate time, place, realities and circumstances. Deals with new situations with flexibility, and creativity.
•Shows ingenuity in overcoming unexpected situations, introduces new approaches with the ability to streamline operations and increase efficiency in collaboration with all EHPC and other EvergreenHealth entities.
•Demonstrates ability to successfully facilitate operations located at different physical worksites.
•Knowledge and training to care for all age groups, including neonatal, pediatric, adult and geriatric.
•Proficient in the use of EMR system or become so within one month of employment.
•Able to access patient information/x-ray results and schedule patient appointment in the EMR systems independently within one month of employment.
•Use VOIP telephone system effectively.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
•1 year of management experience in a health care setting, preferably in a medical clinic, and/or an advanced degree
•Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
•Currently certified in BLS, ACLS or PALS,-
•3 years of previous RN experience
•Chronic care management and patient education skills
•Ability to manage a variety of concurrent programs and projects effectively while utilizing time, equipment and supplies appropriately.
DESIRED for the position:
•Experience managing a patient accounting and health plan referral process
•Previous lead and/or supervisory experience demonstrating effective, positive and constructive feedback skills