About Nursing Jobs
By being hired into one of our Nursing jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Professionals in Nursing careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Nursing job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. A Nursing career at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
RN - OR - Evergreen Surgical Center
EvergreenHealth is seeking an experienced Operating Room/ Surgery RN to join the well established, dynamic surgery team.
EvergreenHealth is committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients. The literature shows that having a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) contributes significantly to the quality of care. Toward that end, this position requires a BSN or a commitment to begin a BSN program within three years and obtain a BSN within five years of employment.
For internal applicants only: This BSN requirement does not apply to Registered Nurses hired before April 1, 2014 and does not impede the ability to transfer internally for those working on a BSN who were hired after April 1, 2014.
Responsible for the direct and indirect total nursing care of patients within the (Outpatient) Evergreen Surgical Center.
Primary Duties :
1. Admits patient to the OR and receives the report from the admitting nurse and/or anesthesia provider.
2. Shows an interest in the patient as a person by introducing oneself, identifying patient, clearly explaining procedure, answering questions, being supportive of the patient's needs and is aware of the patient's fears and apprehensions.
3. Assesses and plans for the recovery of patients from surgery.
4. Follows all procedures for aseptic technique
5. Provides assistance to surgeons and anesthesia personnel as required.
6. Stays proficient and knowledgeable of surgeon's needs, techniques and requirements at all times.
7. Performs scrub duties and all related duties of scrub nurse according to the highest standards of the profession.
8. Performs all circulating duties with efficiency and speed, communicating changes in room schedule to Float Nurse.
9. Assumes responsibility of ensuring correct needle, sponge and instrument count whenever necessary.
10. Maintains records of procedure and record and report any unusual occurrences.
• Must utilize one or more HST applications to deliver and track patient care.
• Must be familiar with a wide variety of outpatient surgical procedures in a team environment with a high degree of complexity. Impact of errors is great. Must follow patient safety standards to ensure quality patient care.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• Bachelor's in Nursing (BSN) required within 5 years of employment if applicable
• Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
• 1 year of experience in the Operating Room
• Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire.
DESIRED for the position:
• Master's degree in Nursing
• Certification in Peri-Operative Nursing