About Nursing Jobs
By being hired into one of our Nursing jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Professionals in Nursing careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Nursing job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. A Nursing career at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
RN - PACU - Evergreen Surgical Center
EvergreenHealth is seeking an experienced PACU RN to join the cohesive EvergreenHealth Surgery Center team.
EvergreenHealth is committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients. The literature shows that having a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) contributes significantly to the quality of care. Toward that end, this position requires a BSN or a commitment to begin a BSN program within three years and obtain a BSN within five years of employment.
For internal applicants only: This BSN requirement does not apply to Registered Nurses hired before April 1, 2014 and does not impede the ability to transfer internally for those working on a BSN who were hired after April 1, 2014.
Primary Duties :
• Provides direct patient care and functions as a patient advocate.
• Performs preoperative nursing assessments by telephone.
• Acts as Admitting Nurse pre-operatively.
• Admits patient from the Operating Room and receives the report from the anesthesia personnel, assesses and plans for the recovery of patients from surgery.
• Initiates any necessary treatment for the full recovery of the patient and administers and records any necessary medication.
• Assesses condition of patient and transfer patient to secondary room when patient meets standards for transfer according to Evergreen Surgical Center policies and procedures.
• Performs discharge procedure according to Evergreen Surgical Center policies and procedures.
• Admits cataract patients to recovery room pre-operatively and prepare them for their local block and start an I.V.
• Assesses and plans for the recovery of patients from injections.
• Admits patient from the Procedure Room and receives the report from the Moderate Sedation Nurse.
• Administers moderate sedation according to ESC policy.
• Initiates any necessary treatment for the full recovery of the patient, evaluates and records patient condition.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
• Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
• Bachelor's in Nursing (BSN) required within 5 years of employment if applicable
• 1 year experience within the last 3 years of care delivery in a monitored care area: PACU, ICU, ED or telemetry
• Current ACLS certification on hire
• PALS or ENPC within 6 months of hire
• Completion of unit competencies for peri-anesthesia care within probationary period or first 2 months if an employee transfer
• Proficiency in airway management/adjuncts
• Ability to identify EKG rhythms and related necessary interventions
• Proficiency with IV skills and techniques
DESIRED for the position:
• Master's degree in Nursing
• CPAN, CAPA, CCRN, and/or CEN certifications