EvergreenHealth is committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients. The literature shows that having a Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing (BSN) contributes significantly to the quality of care. Toward that end, this position requires a BSN or a commitment to begin a BSN program within three years and obtain a BSN within five years of employment.
For internal applicants only: This BSN requirement does not apply to Registered Nurses hired before April 1, 2014 and does not impede the ability to transfer internally for those working on a BSN who were hired after April 1, 2014.
Responsible for the total direct nursing care of all patients within established standards of care, hospital and unit policies, procedures, and guidelines.
1. Provides direct patient care and functions as a patient advocate.
2. Assesses the comprehensive nursing needs of an assigned group of patients.
3. Coordinates the patient and family/significant other education process.
4. Continuously plans, implements, and evaluates patient care, incorporating patient and family/significant other into the process.
5. Participates with physician partners and other interdisciplinary team members to develop and implement patient and family/significant other plan of care.
6. Communicates effectively all relevant information (e.g., patient information, safety issues, problems with equipment, quality issues, etc.) to immediate supervisor, in timely way.
7. Communicates and documents changes in patient condition, on a timely basis, to charge nurse/supervisor and physician.
8. Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED for the position:
Bachelor’s in Nursing (BSN) required within 5 years of employment if applicable
Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
1 year experience within the last 3 years of care delivery in a monitored care area: PACU, ICU, ED or telemetry
Current ACLS certification on hire
PALS or ENPC within 6 months of hire
Completion of unit competencies for peri-anesthesia care within probationary period or first 2 months if an employee transfer
Night and Weekend call assignments as per PACU Call Policy
Proficiency in airway management/adjuncts
Ability to identify EKG rhythms and related necessary interventions
Proficiency with IV skills and techniques
Understanding of Hemodynamic monitoring and equipment
Understanding of Pain Management and related-pharmacology
Understanding of Cardiac and emergency medication pharmacology
DESIRED for the position:
Master’s degree in Nursing
CPAN, CAPA, CCRN, and/or CEN certifications
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the Washington State Nurses Association (WSNA).