About Service Trade Jobs
By being hired into one of our Support jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Professionals in Support careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Support job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. An opportunity at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
Performs a variety of duties involving safety, security, emergency management, and related activities. Patrols buildings and grounds, monitors parking and traffic, responds to and investigates security incidents, and assists and interacts with patients, visitors and staff as appropriate.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provides security for the hospital's patients, visitors, staff and employees, enforces rules against both employees and non-employees, protects hospital property and responds to requests for service and emergency codes.
2. Conducts preventative security and safety patrols throughout buildings and grounds. Locks and unlocks doors following established procedures. Maintains alertness for unusual or abnormal conditions or suspicious activities. Observes unauthorized persons and notifies supervisor or police appropriately.
3. Directs vehicular traffic as necessary, keeps emergency vehicle lanes clear at all times, enforces parking for patients, staff and visitors according to EvergreenHealth parking policies.
4. Performs and participates in security, safety, and facilities inspections and incident investigations. Documents all questionable conditions, incidents and discrepancies and reports to management or the appropriate department for follow-up.
5. Required to stay familiar and up to date with department communications, policies, procedures, guidelines, regulations and directives.
• Decisions made by this position impact the safety of the district buildings, building systems, patients, visitors and personnel.
• Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective security operations for the protection of the people, data, property within the EvergreenHealth facilities.
• Display sound customer service skills with the ability to maintain calm composure under stressful conditions.
• Uses effective people skills (e.g., eye contact, tone of voice, facial expression) in person, on the phone (identifies self), and in every contact as a representative of EvergreenHealth.
• Ability to deescalate and physically interact as necessary with individuals and patients that act-out.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• High School graduate or equivalent
• 1-year security or related training/experience
• Current Washington State Driver's license and proof of insurability
DESIRED for the position:
• 1 year experience in Hospital Security, Police, Military Police, Correctional Officer or related field
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the
SEIU which contains a "union security" provision. This means that, as a condition of employment,
you must join the union and pay union dues and any required fees within 30 days of your date of