About Professional Technical Jobs
By being hired into one of our Professional\Technical jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Individuals in Professional\Technical careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Professional\Technical job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. An opportunity at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
Social Worker - Home Care Services (Home Health) - SEIU
A member of the home health care team and is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient and family needs with focus on psychosocial status, community resources and long term planning in accordance with physician orders. The Social Worker assists and interacts with the multi-disciplinary home health team to optimize patient independence and safety within their place of residence.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Initiates, develops, implements and revises the patient's plan of care.
2. Coordinates care with the multidisciplinary home health team as well as patient's primary physician, family members and other community resources.
3. Provides an education plan for the patient / family / caregiver concerning knowledge deficits or needs regarding the patient's condition.
4. Assists patient / family / caregiver with acquiring in home help, access and knowledge about community resources, supportive counseling as needed, assistance for long term planning and community education.
5. Maintains current knowledge of community resources to meet social, financial, medical and spiritual needs of patient / family.
6. Performs patient assessments which may include but are not limited to psychosocial assessment, functional assessment, mental status assessment and lethality assessment.
7. Provides therapeutic interventions and or instruction in appropriate psychotherapy and life skills including but not limited to assertiveness skills, coping skills, grieving process, problem solving, communication skills, stress management, suicide precautions, behavioral modification techniques and impulse control techniques.
8. Demonstrates ability to adapt to patient / family / caregiver educational level and learning style and to deal effectively with diverse cultures, lifestyles and patient / family / caregiver expectations.
9. Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
10. Responsible for the "Accountabilities" associated with this position in support of the organization.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Must utilize one or more Cerner and/or McKesson applications to deliver and track patient care.
• Completes all documentation in accordance with policy and procedure. Transfers data from laptop using DSL, Broadband or other high speed internet connection minimum twice daily. Any and all paper documentation is submitted in accordance with policy.
• Varied day-to-day activities which includes: phone, email and written communication; visits to patients and their family in private homes, hospitals, adult family homes, assisted living facilities and skilled nursing facilities and meetings a variety of healthcare professionals.
• Works closely with nurse co-casemanagers to provide manage the care and services for a group of hospice patients.
• Provides expertise to the hospice interdisciplinary team for psych-social assessments, interventions and knowledge of community resources.
• Time management skills to independently manage own caseload i.e.; to schedule visits, attend required meetings, respond to urgent needs by prioritizing and triaging multiple concerns.
• Ability to utilize various teaching methods and to adapt these to patient/client and family's educational level and learning style.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• Master's Degree in Social Work (MSW)
• One of the following credentials is required:
o Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW)
o Licensed Advanced Social Worker (LASW)
o Credentialed as an Agency Affiliated Counselor (AAC)
o Social Worker Associate License- (LSWAA) or (LSWAIC)
• If you were hired prior to January 2012, then you may also have one of the following:
o Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
o Licensed Mental Health Counselor Associate (LMHCA)
• Current Washington State Driver's license and proof of insurability
• One-year social work experience in a related health care setting
• Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
• Map reading skills and ability and comfort driving in varied situations and inclement weather.
DESIRED for the position:
• Previous hospice or home health care experience