About Professional Technical Jobs
By being hired into one of our Professional\Technical jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Individuals in Professional\Technical careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Professional\Technical job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. An opportunity at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
Speech - Language Pathologist
Responsible for the evaluation and treatment of patients requiring speech language therapy services in the areas of swallowing, communication (inclusive of speech, language, and voice) and cognition. Responsible for timely provision of skilled care and accurate documentation of care provided. This position will provide individual treatments, work closely with the interdisciplinary team staff, and participate in program development. This position may work with clients presenting with a variety of neurologic disorders aged 13 and beyond.
1. Demonstrates knowledge of disease processes, precautions, typical medical treatments and diagnostic procedures.
2. Performs skilled, timely, and effective patient care.
3. Performs individualized, age-appropriate formal and informal evaluation and ongoing assessment related to the patient's condition.
4. Develops an individualized interdisciplinary treatment plan in conjunction with the patient, family and rehabilitation team, with initial evaluation data providing the basis for establishing treatment goals and intervention strategies.
5. Completes supporting documentation of evaluations, treatment interventions, goals and adaptation of goals according to the patient’s response to intervention and the patient’s progress toward goals.
6. Develops and maintains effective communication with physicians, interdisciplinary team members, third party sponsors, referral services and coordinating facilities as appropriate.
7. Assists in the development of procedures
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
•Master's Degree or equivalent in Speech-Language Pathology
•Current Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology as granted by the American Speech, Language and Hearing Association (ASHA) or working towards completion of a Clinical Fellowship Year
•Current Speech-Language Pathology License as issued by the Washington State Department of Health.
Knowledge and training in the special needs of patients from young adult to geriatric ages and is responsible for the needs associated with these groups.
•Experience in administering and analyzing Modified Barium Swallow Studies
•Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
DESIRED for the position: