About Executive Management Supervisory Jobs
By being hired into one of our Leadership jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Professionals in this category come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Leadership job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. An opportunity at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
Supervisor - Women's & Children's Services (Full Time, Day/Eve)
The Supervisor provides leadership support for identified Women’s & Children’s support services, and assumes responsibility for daily operations that support clinical care within the Family Maternity Center, Pediatrics and NICU. Ensures optimal allocation of resources to meet daily service demands, and addresses service problems when necessary. Works closely and collaboratively with the Women’s & Children’s leadership team, and acts as a liaison and resource for other departments.
- Oversees and assists in the daily operations of the Family Maternity Center and Children’s units, with specific focus on the non-clinical support teams and functions.
- Works with staff to ensure accuracy in patient registration and admission process, procedure scheduling, and revenue capture processes. Coordinates and participates in operations as required to ensure a seamless patient experience.
- Schedules non-clinical staff, based on anticipated patient needs, and ensures work assignments are appropriate for all units. Responsible for vacation authorization and developing coverage plans for staff on leave.
- Monitors and assesses staff performance, and provides appropriate orientation, education and support to ensure staff are in compliance with EvergreenHealth policies and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborates with Women’s & Children’s leadership team to develop budgets, strategic goals, and quality initiatives.
- May be responsible for project oversight, including outcomes monitoring, data collection and reporting. Promotes standardization of processes, incorporating best practices.
- Assists Women’s & Children’s leadership team by leading, facilitating and/or participating in various committees and meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field (Business, Health Administration, Nursing) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three (3) years of experience working in the healthcare environment
- At least one (1) year experience in either a formal supervisory or an informal leadership role
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following: patient scheduling, registration
and check in, charge capture or coding, employee scheduling, clinical care in an inpatient setting
- Knowledge of electronic health record systems
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms with customers, visitors and staff
- Demonstrated initiative and positive problem solving skills
DESIRED for the position:
- Master’s degree in applicable field (Nursing, Business, Health Administration)
- Previous formal leadership experience in an inpatient hospital setting
- Previous experience with Cerner EHR