About Service Trade Jobs
By being hired into one of our Support jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Professionals in Support careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Support job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. An opportunity at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
Supply Chain Coordinator
Coordinates supplies and equipment for all Operating Room specialty areas. Acts as a liaison with physicians and nursing staff for or special order items. Responsible for integration of new equipment and instruments into system / coordinating with specialty coordinators and nurse educator. Works with Materials Management and Central Supply in the previously mentioned integration and trouble shooting issues as needed. Responsible for maintaining inventory of stock and special order items and flexing to meet case / physician needs. Assists in organizing staff education and new items and acts as a resource person in all specialty areas. Organizes Operating Room Department for easy flow of location and identification of items. Maintains awareness of current economic environment and utilizes creative measures to minimize cost and enhance physician satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Monitors surgical inventories in all specialty areas, establishes par levels for supplies, and otherwise ensures availability of materials for Operating Room expediting emergency purchases. Checks surgical cases to avert equipment / material conflicts.
2. Monitors and controls supply related expenses within the approved budget.
3. Coordinates communications regarding equipment and supplies between surgical services, materials management, Central Supply. Reviews, investigates and resolves equipment problems and / or concerns and follows through on new equipment.
4. Coordinates repairs and replacement of instruments and equipment, as needed. Assists in the identification, removal and disposal of obsolete, excess, or scrap material.
5. Participates as an active member of the Product Evaluation Committee and the OR / Materials Management task force.
• Must utilize a Materials Management Information system
• All activities are governed by departmental and district policies and procedures. Errors and failure to follow-through on assigned responsibilities could negatively impact patient care and/or increase costs.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• High School graduate or equivalent
• 3 years of Operating Room Materials Management experience
• 3 years of purchasing and operating room inventory management experience
• knowledge of health care management - medical terminology
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in all aspects of Operating Room functions, processes, practices and procedures to include sterile technique (required).
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in specialty area instrumentation and equipment function and usage (required).
• Demonstrated knowledge or principles, processes, practices and procedures of inventory in an operating room environment (required).
• Knowledge of computerized inventory systems desired and mathematical background desirable.
• possess guest relations and interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate and negotiate with a wide variety of staff in several departments, physicians' vendors, and other contact external to the hospital (including the staff of Operating Rooms from other area hospitals).
• possess analytical skills necessary to conduct product evaluations and assess the cost benefit of surgical equipment and supplies. Must also be able to resolve operational problems and participate in the revision or development of departmental policies and procedures (required).
• Ability to compile data generates and completes reports
DESIRED for the position:
• Associate's degree
• CMRP certification