About Professional Technical Jobs
By being hired into one of our Professional\Technical jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Individuals in Professional\Technical careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Professional\Technical job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. An opportunity at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
Surgery Technologist Certified (0.60 FTE) - Family Maternity Center (UFCW)
EvergreenHealth will advance the health of the community it serves through our dedication to high quality, safe, compassionate, and cost-effective healthcare.
Assists with the surgical team to deliver patient care for Cesarean births.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Understands all aspects of operating room and sterile techniques, both routine and special procedures, and apply them in a professional manner.
2. Application of the principles of asepsis in acknowledgeable manner to provide optimum patient care.
3. Prepares and knows the specific uses of all equipment and supplies used for surgical procedures.
4. Anticipates the needs of the surgeon in order to expedite the procedure.
5. Differentiates sterilization methods for special equipment and instruments necessary for specific surgical procedure.
6. Displays dexterity in the use of surgical instruments and knowledge of the step-by-step procedure for specific surgical procedures.
7. Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
8. Responsible for the "Accountabilities" associated with this position in support of the organization.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Must utilize one or more Cerner applications to deliver and track patient care.
• Must have necessary knowledge and training to care for the specific age group under his/her care (i.e., newborn, childbearing female). Must be able to perform an assessment process that includes age-specific growth and development needs.
• Must have oral and written language skills; visual and aural skills in order to communicate, ensure, and deliver safe patient care, and to provide a legal record of this care.
• Must have accountability for the care provided, commitment to patient care, and commitment to uphold the Patient Bill of Rights.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• Graduate of Surgical Technology school
• Must have infant CPR within one (1) month of hire.
• Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
• Must have and maintain NBSTSA (National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting) Certification.
DESIRED for the position:
• Two (2) years of recent labor and delivery experience
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the UFCW.