About View All Jobs
By being hired into one of our jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Professionals in EvergreenHealth careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. A job at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
Surgical Technologist - Certified or non-Certified
Assists in nursing care and preparation of surgical patient by performance of routine and delegated duties according to standards and policies of the Evergreen Surgical Center. Performs scrub duties and related procedures. Performs housekeeping duties as necessary and assists in maintenance of all supplies; maintains education in surgical, operating room, and related aspects of nursing care.
Essential Job Functions
1. Knows and follows correct procedures for aseptic technique.
2. Understands all aspects of operating room techniques both routine and special procedures and applies them in a professional manner.
3. Prepares and knows the specific uses of all equipment and supplies used for surgical procedures.
4. Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
5. Responsible for the “Accountabilities” associated with this position in support of the organization.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
• License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• NBSTSA Surgical Tech Certification (For Certified position)
• Surgical Technologist registration in Washington State.
• 1 year as an Operating Room Technician
• Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
• Knowledge and training to care for the specific age group under his or her care.
• Oral and written language skills, visual and aural skills in order to communicate, ensure and deliver safe patient care and to provide a legal record of this care.
• Able to demonstrate or to acquire skills to complete surgical technologist skills checklist.
• Accountable for practice, commitment to patient care, and commitment to uphold the Patient Bill of Rights.