About Nursing Jobs
By being hired into one of our Nursing jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Professionals in Nursing careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Nursing job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. A Nursing career at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
Unit Tech (CNA) - SEIU
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, the Unit Tech performs tasks involving direct and indirect patient care, treatment, transportation, and various clerical tasks.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Observes, documents, and reports changes in patient activity and/or symptoms such as vital signs, respiration, discomfort, intake, output, weight, and bleeding.
2. Assists with or prepares patient for transport including moving patient to and from bed to gurney or wheelchair. Transports patients, patient belongings and valuables, blood products, supplies, pharmaceuticals, equipment and specimens to and from various locations.
3. Acknowledges patient inquiries; responds or refers inquiries appropriately. Answers patient call lights; determine nature of problem; respond within scope and/or obtain appropriate resources.
4. Assists RNs and other healthcare providers with wound care and patient procedures as directed.
5. Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
6. Responsible for the "Accountabilities" associated with this position in support of the organization.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Must utilize one or more Cerner applications to deliver and track patient care.
• Performs routine tasks involving direct and indirect patient care, such as assisting with daily living activities, preparing patients for surgery, assisting with treatments, transporting patients, equipment, and supplies.
• Ability to effectively communicate, ensure and deliver safe patient care, and to provide a legal record of this care.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• Current certification as a Nursing Assistant (NA-C) in the State of Washington.
• Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
• Demonstrates ability to apply knowledge of basic patient care techniques and procedures in the care of the specific age group to which assigned.
DESIRED for the position:
• Recent experience in an acute care facility
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth and the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Healthcare 1199NW. Union Membership is optional.