About Professional Technical Jobs
By being hired into one of our Professional\Technical jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Individuals in Professional\Technical careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Professional\Technical job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. An opportunity at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
Certified Nurse Assistant - Work Remotely - New Comp Rates!
****$1,000.00 sign-on bonus for those new to EvergreenHealth****
A paraprofessional trained within the organization to provide care services and administer specific nursing procedures, supportive therapy services and emotional support to patients, caregivers and family. The primary nurse or therapist on a case provides the direct supervision of the patient care provided by the HHA. Home health aide services are provided according to the home health or hospice plan of care, according to department policy and scope of practice guidelines as set by applicable regulations or state law.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Aide performs personal care services, provides assistance with routine household tasks, and respite or companion visits for patients and their families.
2. Assists patients with activities of daily living, i.e., bathing, dressing, feeding, transfers, toileting and ambulation as directed on home health aide plan of care.
3. Observes, assesses and reports changes in patients within scope of practice.
4. Accountable for following the guidelines for attendance, punctuality and overall dependability. Accountable for effective performance and follow-through of all assigned responsibilities and for completing responsibilities within designated (or agreed upon) timeframes. Completes responsibilities in a manner consistent with organizational policy, goals and values.
5. Responsible for the “Accountabilities” associated with this position in support of the organization.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Must utilize one or more Cerner/Horizon Home Care application to deliver and track patient care.
• Travel by employee is made to conduct scheduled visits to patient’s/client’s homes. Various degrees of environmental setting are found in the client’s home, which may require accessing stairways, narrow doorways, and rural areas without bus service.
• Map reading skills and ability to drive in varied situations and inclement weather.
• Telephone interaction throughout the day with patients, family members, caregivers, clinical and clerical staff.
• The job is performed at multiple locations that may include hospitals, private residences, adult family homes, assisted living facilities, or skilled nursing facilities and various other community settings. Interruptions happen frequently in response to pages and need for immediate response to patient and family needs.
• Problem-solving and decision-making skills within scope of practice to meet patient and family needs which are unanticipated.
• Ability to exercise independent as well as collaborative judgment.
• Varied day-to-day activities/work regarding the provision of personal care services to hospice program patients and families.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
• Certified as a Nursing Assistant
• High School graduate or equivalent
• Home care experience as a Certified Nursing Assistant
• Experience in a supervised health care setting, such as a hospital or nursing home.
• Current Washington State Driver’s license and proof of insurability
• Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
• Reliable transportation or other transportation arrangements upon the approval of the Supervisor.
DESIRED for the position:
• Dexterity to perform routinely required patient procedures and use of equipment required for those procedures as appropriate to discipline.