About Nursing Jobs
By being hired into one of our Nursing jobs at EvergreenHealth, you’ll be a key member of the EvergreenHealth team. Professionals in Nursing careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. Please click on your desired Nursing job below to learn more about the exact qualifications. A Nursing career at EvergreenHealth may be waiting for you!
RN - Home Health - Psychosocial
Evergreen Home Health is the largest and most innovative stand-alone Home Care provider in King and Snohomish counties. With our low staff turnover and continued growth we are in need of additional staff. Start your day from home on a supplied laptop and cell phone. Only occasionally will you need to come to Kirkland once you are finished with orientation. Full-time Monday – Friday Case Manager positions or part-time Wednesday – Tuesday 7 days on 7 days off type schedules are available. All RN positions are WSNA, paid hourly plus mileage and your rate is the same as if you were working on a hospital floor. If you are looking for days and flexibility Evergreen is the home for you.
EvergreenHealth is committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients. The literature shows that having a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) contributes significantly to the quality of care. Toward that end, this position requires a BSN or a commitment to begin a BSN program within three years and obtain a BSN within five years of employment.
For internal applicants only: This BSN requirement does not apply to Registered Nurses hired before April 1, 2014 and does not impede the ability to transfer internally for those working on a BSN who were hired after April 1, 2014.
The Psychosocial Nurse, Home Health provides mental health services, including psychosocial assessment, ongoing treatment and case management, and medication administration/management in consultation with the ARNP & consulting team psychiatrist. Case management may involve providing or linking the client with the mental health, health care and social services needed to achieve and maintain the client at highest level of functioning attainable. The Psychosocial Nurse also provides basic medical nursing care that is based on Standards for Nursing Practice, Washington State Nurse Practice Act, and Medicare Guidelines.
The Psychosocial Nurse assumes responsibility as multidisciplinary team member in the Home Health Program (HH) and provides consultation and education to the agency and the community.
1. Provides direct patient care.
2. Assesses the comprehensive nursing needs of an assigned group of patients (including, but not limited to home health patients).
3. Coordinates the patient and family/significant other education process.
4. Initiates patient start of care through established admission process.
5. Continuously plans, implements, and evaluates patient care, incorporating patient and family/significant other into the process.
6. Participates with physician partners and other interdisciplinary team members to develop and implement patient and family/significant other plan of care.
7. Communicates effectively all relevant information (e.g., patient information, safety issues, problems with equipment, quality issues, etc.) to immediate supervisor, in timely way.
8. Communicates and documents changes in patient condition, on a timely basis, to team members, DPOA, and physician.
9. Delivers nursing care within established standards of care, hospice, hospital and unit guidelines, policies and procedures.
10. Functions as a patient advocate.
11. Assists other staff in completion of their duties, when time permits.
12. Recognizes situations when appropriate assistance is needed to effectively execute the nursing process.
13. Promotes good public relations between patient, family members, hospital, and community.
14. Practices within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED for the position:
•Bachelor's in Nursing (BSN) required within 5 years of employment if applicable
•Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
•Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
•Current Washington State Driver's license and proof of insurability
DESIRED for the position:
•Master's degree in nursing
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between EvergreenHealth Medical Center and the Washington State Nurses Association (WSNA) which contains a "union security" provision. This means that, as a condition of employment, you must join the union and pay union dues and any required fees within 30 days of your date of hire.